Avi Muchnick is an artist, author and serial entrepreneur based in NYC with a background in business, law, design and programming. His personal mission is to empower others to create amazing things.
Avi holds a JD from Cardozo School of Law (2004) which he has happily never used a day in his life and a Bachelor’s degree from Queens College (2001), where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the campus newspaper.
MIT’s Technology Review named him one of the “Top 35 innovators under 35" (2010).
Awards his projects have won:
- SXSW Interactive: Technical Achievement Award (2009)
- CES Best of Show: NYC Startup Classic (2009)
- CNet’s Webware 100 (2008+2009)
- PC Magazine: Top 100 Websites (2007)
His proudest accomplishments to date:
- His 4 awesome children and the understanding startup wife who helps keep the trains running on time at home.
- The Pentagon issued a statement distancing themselves from obviously photoshopped pictures of Saddam Hussein uploaded to Worth1000.
- He has authored, edited and helped publish 3 books on graphic design.
- He has helped thousands of people hone their creativity, sharpen their skills and in some cases find new careers, friends and even marriages based around their passion to create wonderful things.